Monday, April 03, 2006

The Fast and the Furious

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time" Dominic Toretto (The Fast and the Furious)

Speed was the name of the game at the weekend. Whether it was driving down the highway in our rent-a-wreck cars, pulling off highly dangerous moves on the dance floor, ski-dooing through courgar mountain or tubing down the the slopes, we all had an adrenaline, nitro boosted action packed weekend at Whistler. Due to the number of pictures I will be producing numerous posts on this trip so stay tuned over the next few days.

The first speed test came with driving our cars from Vancouver to Whistler. In my car was Gaving, Liz and Keenie. In the other was Simon, Chris, Ian and Hannah. It's bascially one long road called the sea to sky route and sees you driving along the coast and mountains surrounded by beautiful scenery. After a stop at Sqaumish for a KFC and Taco Bell I took over from Gavin and drove us into Whistler. This was interesting for a few reasons. Firstly I'd never driven on the other side of the road, secondly I'd never driven an automatic and thirdly I'd never driven a car big enough to have back doors. After getting used to the breaks that stopped the car at the slightest press we eventually made it (via Ian's rubbish directions) to Whistler and our hostel, the Shoestring Lodge.

Now Whistler is supposed to be a party town but it took a while for us to find it.

Simon and Keenie kick start the excitement at the Amsterdam Cafe


Me and Ian, not much else to say


Who said British dentristry was bad


This was the first club we went to "Moe Joes". It may look fun and exciting but we were the only people there when we got in. We soon left


Ian ponders why yet again, nobody came to his birthday party


Simon tucks into a burger. It was a healthy eating weekend, with 2 trips to McDonalds and a stop off at Taco Bell


Liz and Gav and Garfinkles, the second club we went to. It played some of Liz's boom boom boom music


Pow, Splat, Kabaam


Ian praying to his God


Which is me


I have no excuse for these pictures. I don't drink, yet I was the first one on the stage. Thats what you get for mixing Sprite and Red Bull


Ian, Hannah and myself strutting our funky stuff


There's the brown jumper you posted me mum, wrapped around my neck


A lot more people in this club


Why does Ian keep showing up


We made such an impression, the club had carboard cutouts of us made to entice people back

The night ended with a drinking competetion in our bathroom. Simon won by managing to drink 6 cups of water. Well done Simon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Simon said...

thanks king banks, im gonna go for 7 cups next time

4:32 PM  
Blogger Paul Banks said...

Don't try and go for too much Simon. Water drinking is a dangerous game.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Paul Banks said...

I couldn't really tell. It was fast and sounded like gibberish. A spell or incantation of somekind.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home