Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Pirates of English Bay - Curse of the Black Fox

Wednesday night saw the third night of fireworks in Vancouver, this time from the Czech Republic. But instead of watching them from the shore, I got to go to sea. Another Paul, who has been doing some work at Propstar invited me to watch the fireworks on his boat, the Black Fox.

Unfortunately, the Black Fox hit some trouble on the way from North Van to Granville Island and had to be towed to shore. I'd already come up with this ingenious title before this occurance so maybe it was me who put the curse on the Black Fox.

Anyhows, Paul's friends who towed him to shore took us on, which meant I could watch the fireworks from the heart of English Bay and get the best view possible. A big thank you to Paul and friends for inviting me and also a thank you to Shuji who managed to rush me down to Granville Island in his car.

We set off from Granville Island in search of treasure, adventure and a talking parrot


Yet we ran into the 2006 Vancouver annual boat convention


Lots of boats, I bet Andy's loving these pictures


Thousands of people lined the beach of English Bay, all of whom had come to see me. I gave an emotional speech and signed autographs after the display


The darkness came. What's this post about again?


WHAT THE... Oh yeh, fireworks


Pretty colours, so close, yet so far away


It looks alive, what would it be thinking if it were alive?


The final show is by Mexico on Saturday. Probably full of illegal fireworks smuggled over the border


At last a picture of me. Had you worried there for a minute. You can all relax now, you've got your Paul fix. There's the other Paul in the yellow jacket


More real life Canadians. A whole night without a single English person in sight. Soon I'll be spending every night with English people, in England. Woopidadoo

1 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Those girls have big lips.

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home