Monday, January 16, 2006

The cable has gone

I came home from work last Friday, put the tv on and to my surprise nothing came on. Whats going on I thought. Not only did we have none of the cable channels but the free to air channels were conspicuous by their absence as well. Apparantly the cable guy came around looking for one of the previous tennants. Answering the door Rachel said that this person no longer lived here. The cable guy said do you still want cable. Rachel said no. Now normally this wouldn't be too much of a problem (I'm moving house at the start of February - stay tuned to find out which street and I really mean the actual street if I can't find a house soon I will be living at), but this weekend saw the start of the new seaons of Battlestar Galactica and 24. Now I may have to fork out for the first half of Battlestar on DVD and watch the second half on TV what was I going to do about 24. You see they were having a four episodes in two nights extravaganza to start the season and its a programme I'm going to have to watch at work so I wanted to watch it before I had to do this.

At work I usually just scan quickly through most programmes meaning it would ruin the viewing experience of not really knowing what was going on and finding out things that happen out of context. Readers of my previous posts would remember my trusty 5 inch black and white TV that yet again came to the rescue. Whilst not allowing for the same viewing experience as a larger TV with colour it did its job and allowed me to watch not 1 but 2 episodes of the Jack Bauer Power Hour.

This may not sound like what I've come to Canada for but I'd had two late nights on Friday and Saturday and wanted a relaxing night in.



+


=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home